Advanced motion control and networks for onsite IoT in a Sysmac entry model
Advanced motion control
The built-in EtherCAT port and advanced motion control make machines faster and more precise
• EtherCAT simplifies the wiring to up to eight servo systems including for single-axis position control.
• Up to four axes of motion control. Electronic cams and interpolation increase machine speed and precision.
• Linear interpolation and circular interpolation for precise machining and high-speed handling
• Electronic cam enables continuous and high-speed machine operation
• Electronic cam makes it possible to easily change operation timing via a program through computerized cam operation to meet diverse production needs, which is difficult with mechanical cam
Data transmission delay is compensated to synchronize servomotors.
Synchronized axes provide high-precision positioning.
• EtherCAT enables one cable to connect the NX1P with servo drives, reducing wiring work.
1S AC Servo System
1S AC Servo System
• No battery, no maintenance. No need for homing sequence improving machine uptime
• 23 bit high resolution encoder as standard
• Improved loop control for low overshoot and quick settling time
• Safety function: STO
Networks for onsite IoT
IO-Link brings IoT to the sensor level
You can check machine information by monitoring the status of the connected components.
• EtherNet/IP enables communications with a host PC and data links between NJ/NX Controllers and CJ PLCs.
Predictive maintenance using IO-Link
You can start predictive maintenance with visualization of the status of a small-sized machine.
IO-Link functionality can be added to existing machines.
Product line up
Machine Automation Controller NX-series
NX1P2 CPU Units
Up to eight NX Units can be connected to an NX1P2 CPU Unit.
Automation Software Sysmac Studio
The Sysmac Studio is the software that provides an integrated environment for setting, programming, debugging and maintenance of machine automation controllers including the NJ/NX CPU Units, EtherCAT Slave, and the HMI.
• Fully compliant with open standard IEC 61131-3 and Japanese standard JIS B3503
• Supports Ladder, Structured Text and Function Block programming with a rich instruction set
• CAM editor for easy programming of complex motion profiles
• One simulation tool for sequence and motion in a 3D environment
• Advanced security function with 32 digit security password
Sysmac is a trademark or registered trademark of OMRON Corporation in Japan and other countries for OMRON factory automation products.
Windows is either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
EtherCAT® is registered trademark and patented technology, licensed by Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany.
EtherNet/IP™ is the trademarks of ODVA.
Other company names and product names in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
The product photographs and figures that are used in this catalog may vary somewhat from the actual products.
Microsoft product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Microsoft Corporation.